Kray in facts and numbers
Today the Krasnoyarsk Kray is a territory of large-scale projects, advanced region that defines the future of Siberia and Russia.
Siberian Federal District (SFD)
The Krasnoyarsk Kray – is a unique Siberian region located in the center of Russia along the deepest Russian river - Yenisei. Natural reserves and strong competitive industrial potential are the factors of rapid economic growth and high investment attractiveness of the region.
The Krasnoyarsk Kray occupies nearly one seventh of the territory of the Russian Federation. It is a part of Siberian Federal District and is the largest region of SFD.
from north to south
In the center of the Kray, in the south-eastern shore of Vivi Lake (Evenkia) the geographical center of Russia is located.
More than 1700 settlements are located in Krasnoyarsk Kray.
The Krasnoyarsk Kray has a unique natural resource potential
and total amount of projected resources of solid minerals
Russian natural resources
in the territory of Krasnoyarsk Kray
over 40% of SFD total forest area
almost all kinds of minerals can be found in the interior of the Kray
of the Krasnoyarsk Kray
of the Krasnoyarsk Kray
in the Krasnoyarsk Kray
Ratings of the Kray, Russian Federation/SFD
of electricity, gas and water
The Krasnoyarsk Kray is one of ten Russian entities, which form the bulk of Russia's GDP.
The indicator exceeds the national average about 30%, leadership of the region in SFD is more than 60%.
Region retains a positive trend for this indicator for several years.
The Krasnoyarsk Kray GRP dynamicsbln rubles a year
The Krasnoyarsk Kray dynamics
of GRP structure
Enterprises-flagships in industries of the region
High-tech and technology intensive enterprises:
- JSC "Information Satellite Systems n.a. academician M. F. Reshetnev"
- JSC "Scientific-Production Enterprise "Radiocommunications"
- JSC "Central Design Bureau"Geophysics"
- JSC "Firm "Kultbytstroy"
- LLC "Management construction company "Siberian"
- LLC "Monolitholding"
- JSC "Sibagropromstroy"
- LLC "Krasnoyarsk Cement"
- LLC "Achinsk Cement"
- LLC "Volna "Plant"
- LLC "KraspanInnovatsii"
- LLC "Rolling Plant "Alukom"
- JSC "Krasnoyarsk Machine-Building Plant"
- LLC "Norilsknickelremont"
- JSC "Krasnoyarsk electric railway-car repair works"
- OJSC "Krasnoyarsk shipyard"
- LLC "Foundry-Mechanical Plant SCAD"
- OJSC "Krasnoyarsk refrigerator production plant "Biryusa"
- LLC "Research and Production Center of magnetohydrodynamics"
- CJSC "Spetstechnomash"
- LLC "Variant - 999"
- Polar branch of PJSC "MMC "Norilsk Nickel"
- OJSC "Krasnoyarsk Nonferrous Metals Plant n.a. V. N. Gulidov"
- JSC "RUSAL Krasnoyarsk Aluminum Plant"
- LLC "Krasnoyarsk Metallurgical Plant"
- JSC "RUSAL Achinsk Alumina Refinery"
- "Kan light metal constructions factory "Mayak"
- LLC JSC "Siberian instrumental-repair factory"
- LLC "Firm KOMSTROYEKSPOTSENTR"
- LLC "East-Siberian plant of metal constructions"
- JSC "Lesosibirsk LDK №1"
- CJSC "Novoyeniseysk wood-chemical complex"
- "Maltat" Group of companies
- LLC "Angara wood processing complex"
- JSC "Kraslesinvest"
- LLC "Krasnoyarsk wood-chemical company"
- JSC "Vankorneft"
- PJSC "Siberian Oil and Gas Company"
- JSC "Polyus"
- JSC "Siberian Coal Energy Company"
- LLC "Novoangarsky Processing Plant"
- JSC "Gorevsky GOK"
- LLC "Soviet ore mine"
- CJSC "Vasilevsky ore mine"
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Mining and Chemical Combine"
- JSC "PO "Electrochemical Plant"
- PJSC "Krasnoyarsk HPP"
- PJSC "Boguchanskaya HPP"
- PJSC "FGC UES" branch - MES Siberia
- LLC "Siberian Generating Company"
- Branch of PJSC "IDGC of Siberia" - "Krasnoyarskenergo"
- JSC "Norilsk-Taimyr Energy Company"
- Branch of PJSC "OGK-2" - Krasnoyarsk GRES-2
- Branch of PJSC "Yunipro" - Berezovskaya GRES
per 1 resident
in fixed asses in 2018
On this indicator Krasnoyarsk Krai over the last ten years advances average values across Russia and the SFD
of the Krasnoyarsk Kray
From 2008 investments into economy of edge have grown more than by 2 times
investments in fixed assets
The volume of investment of Krasnoyarsk Krai forms about 27% of total amount of investments of the SFD
in fixed assets
in fixed assets by types of economic activity, 2018
of investments in fixed assetsby ownership, 2018
Investments in fixed capital per capita(in actual prices), rubles
For comparison: the Krasnoyarsk Kray is equal to half of the European part of Russia or to all CIS countries (except for Kazakhstan) together by its area. Abroad, southern latitudes of the region correspond to latitudes of Poland, the UK and central regions of Canada. The area of the Kray territory actually 10 times exceeds the area of the UK and 4 times the area of France.
Yenisei River draws the line between Western and Eastern Siberia. Its left bank is ended with the West Siberian Plain, mountain taiga prevails on the right bank.
From Sayans to the Arctic Ocean Yenisei River flows through all climatic zones of Siberia. Сamels live in it supper reaches, polar bears live in the lower reaches.
The location of the Center of Russia was approved by the Federal Service for Geodesy and Cartography of Russia. On August 21, 1992 a monument – seven meter stele with double-headed eagle on top was erected at the location of the Center of Russia.
The distance from Krasnoyarsk to Moscow makes up3955 km, to Vladivostok – 4870 km. The Krasnoyarsk Kray is located in the central part of Siberia and borders on Yakutia and Irkutsk region in the east, Tuva and Khakassia – in the south, Kemerovo and Tomsk regions, Khanty-Mansi and Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District – in the west.
From the north the Krasnoyarsk Kray borders on two seas Kara Sea and Laptev Sea. Solid ice cover holds in the seas during 9 months of the year. Despite this, the Northern Sea Route is used for guiding convoys of vessels almost all the year round thanks to the icebreaking fleet.
In recent years, Krasnoyarsk concentrating human, financial and natural resources of the region, holds high positions among the cities of Siberian Federal District.
Rapid development of Krasnoyarsk is confirmed by the official awarding of the status ofmillion-plus cityin 2012.
The potential of the city is the basis of region's economy and serves a guarantor of employment of 34% of the population of the Krasnoyarsk Kray. Krasnoyarsk generates 65% of housing supply, 59% of retail trade, and 20% of investments into the fixed assets of the whole Kray.
Krasnoyarsk City is a large transport and logistics center located at the intersection of Trans-Siberian Railway and historical trade routes along the Yenisei River to the North.